Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Cancer Sucks

 
 
Recently my Dad's brother Uncle Pat was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. Though we are not close this makes me sad to know that he is suffering with this dreaded affliction. I have had family in my life that have battled cancer. I can remember when Grandma Webster battled cancer. It was awful to have to watch her fade away. I still to this day remember walking into her house after the funeral, standing in the living room where her bed once was, and crying.
 
Cancer is a bad word to me. It makes me mad when someone that I love has to deal with it. I feel helpless. I know that right now my Aunt Joem and her daughter Rebecca feel the same way. This is the time when I turn to God. I go to him in prayer and ask him to work in the situation.
 
I have done a lot of praying lately. I wake up in the middle of the night not able to sleep and I pray. When I pray I talk to God like he is right there with me and that he is my friend. I also read my bible. It helps to sooth me.
 
Cancer is something that no person or family wants to deal with. It takes a toll on a person. You feel worn. You feel like you can't go on. You want answers. You want to make it go away. You are in shock with the initial diagnoses.
 
People say you should make the most of the time that you have with your loved one. You try your best, but you really don't know what to do. The best think that I know is to find someone to talk to about what is going on. Maybe a trusted friend or a pastor. It never hurts to have someone to talk to.
 
I believe to one day, maybe not in my lifetime, they will find a cure for cancer. That will be to late for those that I love that have passed from this dreaded monster.
 
So as I think of my Uncle Pat and Aunt Joem I say a prayer for them as I do each time they come to mind. I know that God is in control and the he will carry them through this. Uncle Pat is strong and he will beat this. I hate to think of the alternative. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...