Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Gratitude 2018 Day 80

Attitude of Gratitude - Day 80
#AttitudeOfGratitude2018
#grateful #thankful

I am grateful today for the fact that we did not get all the big snow that was forecast. It looks like maybe 6" here in Lost City. I will have to measure it later to find out. I was looking through some snow pictures yesterday and found that the last really big snow we had was in 2016. I am so glad that we did not have a snow like that.

This snow was just right I believe. Normally I would not say that I am a fan of snow. However, I think we needed some snow. One major benefit of a good snow cover is snow functions as an excellent insulator of the soil. Without snow, very cold temperatures can freeze the soil deeper and deeper. This could lead to damage of root systems of trees and shrubs.

There are health benefits to snow too.

1. Snow makes you work out.
2. Snow lets you sleep in.
3. A Day Reading Is Great For Your Brain
4. Snow makes you take a vacation
5. Snow gives you time to cook a healthy meal
6. Snow lets you spend time with family
7. Snow is fun
8.Snow In The Winter Means Easier Gardening In The Spring
9. Snow Helps Ease Aches And Pains
10. Snow boost your energy

I can remember as a kid Grandpa use to say that we needed snow in order to have moisture in the ground for the spring planting.

Sometimes snow is a good thing. However, too much snow is not a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...