Friday, February 6, 2015

Faith in the Eye of the Storm


Recently a situation came into my life that made me question my faith. This issue made me wonder why God would let me go through something like that. I realized that it was not God that was putting me through this, but instead it was the devil testing me to see if I would break. It brought me back to the story of Jesus being tempted in the wilderness. I was beginning to feel like Jesus. Tempted and tried I knew that I had to have faith that things were going to get better.

So I began to pray. I talked to God like he was right there with me. I told him that I knew that he was already at work in my life and he was at work in the situation at hand. I felt better. I felt like the devil was backing off. I continued to talk to God each day as though he was right there with me.

I felt a peace that only God could give. He made me feel so safe. He made me feel that I did have the faith that it took to give this situation to God and that he would see me through it. My life was going to get better.

I was so excited when I got news that yes indeed my situation was going to get better. That things were going to start looking up. My persistence in prayer had payed off.

I was going through a storm and I had faith that would see me through that storm. I had persistence that kept me going. Kept me believing that God was in control. I believed the whole time that God was going to get me through this storm.

It reminded me of the song I Am Not Alone. That song says that I am not alone and God will go before me never leaving me. God calls me as his own. He is always there for me.

So when you are going through a storm in your life you need to be persistent in prayer. Talk to God and let him know that you believe that he is getting you through the storm that you are going through. He will get you through it. You just have to have faith in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...