Saturday, July 11, 2015

The Power of Prayer, Faith, and Good Friends

Recently my Mom had to have surgery. On the day before the surgery Mom asked me to post on Facebook for prayers for her. Mom is a strong believer in the power of prayer. She says that when people are praying for her that she can feel their prayers.

Mom was suppose to come home the day after the surgery, but plans changed. I am not one that deals with change well and this was something that really upset me. However, I knew that God had a plan and a purpose in Mom staying put. That was my faith taking control. I had to have faith that God was in the driver's seat.

Then there is the fact that friends of mine on Facebook saw my post about Mom and went to visit her in the hospital. She was very surprised. My sister and I were too. That was so nice that in one instance that people we knew were in town and stopped to see Mom at the hospital. In another instance people just decided to get in their car and drive to the hospital to see Mom. It was reassuring to my sister and I that people cared about how Mom was doing.

Plus reading all the comments to my post of updates on Mom helped me to realize all the people that really truly care. It is a real blessing to see how many people were praying for Mom and continue to pray for Mom. God is amazing.

Then in situations like these there are those people that are gossips and nosey. They just have to know what is going on, but they really don't care about what is going on. These are the people that will take what is going on and turn it into something for their own benefit. A spotlight seeker.

These are people that I have learned to be very veg with. I don't tell them much. That way things that I don't want spread around will not be. My privacy will be protected.

There are things that have happened recently that have made me more aware of the people that I can trust and those that I am going to be veg with. People that I thought were friends turned out to be otherwise. In the end I have found out who my true friends are.

I feel that this is God in control. So I am going to take a back seat and let God be in the driver's seat. That way things will go good in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...