Sunday, July 7, 2019

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 188














Blessings A Day 2019-Day 188
#Blessings2019
I am blessed by Bible Journaling. What is Bible Journaling? Bible journaling is an exciting way to engage with Scripture. It can transform the way you spend time in the Word and it all begins with the margins of the Bible.
With Bible Journaling, you will find a creative and fresh approach to the age-old discipline of Bible reading. With pen in hand, you can visually capture Scripture, meditate on God's Word and memorize the text. Some choose to journal as an expression of private devotion, other journal as an act of worship and there are even some who consider it a creative outlet that can be shared.
Some people chose to buy a special Journaling Bible to do their journaling in. Some use a regular bible and others use a notebook to do it in.
Me, well I have a journaling bible that I work it. I also have a notebook that I sketch in first before I put it in my bible. It is all up to you what you do.
First pray and ask God to give you the scripture that you should journal. Read over the scripture and see what come to your mind. What speaks to you about it. Then get creative.
I came across Bible Journaling after Mom passed. It became a way to help me get through my loss. It is a great thing that I have started. It is a stress reliever. It is a form of worship to me. It is so much.
I encourage you to try it. You might find yourself loving it as much as I do.
I have a bible that was journaled in with a red pen years and years go. It had belonged to my Uncle Ed. It was not as fancy as what I do. In fact, it was notes about things said in a sermon or things picked up in just reading the bible. I am blessed that I have that bible to read and look back on. It often inspires my own personal journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...