Saturday, August 1, 2015

Bible Journaling




 
 
 


I love to read the bible and I in fact own several different versions of the bible, about 10 in all. One of my favorite bibles is the one that belonged to my Great-Uncle Ed. In it is hand written notes of his on all the pages. At first I was appalled that someone would write in their bible like that. That is because I was raised with the belief that your bible was sacred and that you didn't write in it. Then I thought how neat this was.

Recently I discovered Bible Journaling. This is a whole new way to make your bible your own. It involves writing and drawing in the margins of the bible. I was taken in b the beautiful art work that some had put in their bibles. It looks like they had taken time to make something very meaningful on the pages.

Before you get started you will need to gather your supplies. Here are some suggestions of what to get.

ESV Single Column Journaling Bible
Liquid Color Pens
Bic Stick Grip Pens
Bic Mechanical Pencils
Twistable Crayons
Twistable Colored Pencils
Washi Tape
Washi Tape
Rub-Ons
Letter Stickers
Stickers and Embelishments
Stamps and Ink Pads
Distressed Ink
Stamps
Clips
Hero Hues

As you do your journaling you will find other items that you will want to use. I have even saw were people use water color paints. Bible Journaling is all about self expression. It is all up to you.

As far as the bible goes it is best to use a single column bible. This type of bible has wide margins so that you can do your journaling easy. As you read a passage of scripture you need to think about what it means to you and that will help inspire you about what to journal.

If you love to read and study the bible then you will love to journal in your bible. This will be something that you will cherish and share with generations to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...