Tuesday, January 27, 2015

To Blessed To Be Stressed


 
 
There are days when I leave work and head to my car that feel like I have been stressed to the bone. I feel like I just want to scream at the top of my lungs hoping that will make me feel better. I know that it will not. So instead I sit in my car for a little bit before turning it on and talk to God. Yes this might sound funny, but I realize that this is a better way to vent than screaming.
 
 Two years ago I had to drive 30 minutes to work one way. Those drives to and from gave me time to myself. During that time I would talk to God as I drove. I would talk to him like a friend that was right there with me in the car riding shot gun. It felt really good. Better than screaming.
 
I have come to the conclusion recently that being able to talk to God at any point in the day is a good thing. It means that I am too blessed to be stressed. I should not let what goes on in life get to me. I need to just take a moment to give it over to God. No problem is too big or small for him to handle.
 
In fact, God knows our problems before we tell them to him. He is already in the process of dealing with our problems when we tell them to him. We need to not tell God how big our problem is, but instead tell our problems how big our God is.
 
When we are going through a tuff time or a stressful time God will send us a much needed blessing. It might be a hug from a child, a card from a friend with a kind word, a phone call from a friend to say how much they care, and so on. God knows our needs and will see us through.
 
So when you are feeling stressed this is what I suggest. Just say "God is in control". Then tell whatever is stressing you that God is going to deal with it. In the end you will feel better and be blessed. 

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog. This post is such an inspiration to me. You are right! God is there and knows even before we speak it. I'm so blessed to have a friend Who listens and is always there. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I am glad that you liked my blog. I started this as a New Years resolution. My thought was to write a post everyday, but some days that doesn't happen and some days I get two or more post. I hope that you will keep reading my posts.

      Delete

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...