Monday, February 22, 2016

Grief





Recently a friend's father went to be with Jesus. It was not long after that someone we knew told my friend that the appropriate time for grieving was over. That my friend needed to put a period on the grief and move on. That got me to thinking. This person had no right to say what they did. My friend was just beginning her grief journey.

For everyone the grief journey is different. We all go through the steps of grief different. The amount of time that it takes for someone to grieve a loss depends on the person. It has been almost 6 years since my Grandpa passed and I still grieve him quite often.

Since my Mom went to be with Jesus in July one of the things that I have noticed is that sometimes I can be doing something or remembering something and just start crying. I know that it is good to cry. It is part of the healing. We all need a good cry now and then.

It is also good to talk to someone who has recently been through the grief journey. They can relate to how you are feeling. Talking about how you are feeling is a great thing to do as part of the healing process. I have friends and family that I talk to often about how I am feeling. They are supportive and understand.

Another good thing to do is pray. I do that often when I am sad. My Mom was a huge believer in the power of prayer. Prayer can heal. God know what you are going through and he will help you through it.

So if you are ever faced with someone telling you that your grief journey is over. Just smile and know that it is over when you feel ready to put a period on it. Don't let anyone ever tell you how to grieve. It is up to you. Take all the time that you need. God will be with you every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...