Thursday, December 29, 2016

Prayer Journal




So one of my New Years Resolutions is to make a prayer journal. This came after watching the movie War Room (for like the 10th time). I thought that this would be a way to encourage myself. There are lots of ideas on the Internet of how to do one. You need to do one that fits you.

You can chose to do it in a journal, notebook, or binder. You can decorate the cover if you choose. Then you can get started. 

On the first page of my journal I have written some inspirations that will encourage me to keep with this and encourage my faith at the same time.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. James 4:7-8

My God is faithful,
My God is powerful,
My Gd is in charge,
You can't fire him, 
And he will never retire,
Thank you Jesus
Glory Hallelujah

Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight O, Lord my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Then starting on January 1 I plan to write a prayer a day about an area of my life that I need God the most. Things like family, finances, church, job, health, and so on. I will pray that prayer during the day. As part of my prayer I plan to submit that area to God and tell him that I have faith that he has already done what he needs to do in that area. I also plan to write in the prayer that I believe that God is going to do what only he can do for me no matter what.

I also plan to write one way that I have saw God at work in that area of my life that day. Kinda like a praise report if you will.

I also want to write the name of one person that has been put on my heart for that day that needs God in someway. I will also pray for that person  during the day submitting them to God and his will. Telling God that I know he is already doing what only he can do for that person or persons. 

I will also include a bible verse on the page that I feel will give me encouragement for the day. 

Now again you don't have to do it this way. This is just how I plan to do it. You do it however you see fit to do it. It is yours to do with. 

Prayer is the most powerful weapon that we have to fight the battles of this life. A prayer journal to me is like having a book of plans and stratages that will help you fight the battle. Almost like a bible for prayer. 

I encourage you to make time in your day for prayer. Prayer has a purpose and it is powerful. I hope that once I get going good with this prayer journal that I will be able to share it with you in my blog so that you can have an idea of what to do. 

Also check out: http://arabahjoy.com/how-to-make-a-simple-prayer-journal/ for another idea of what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...