Saturday, June 10, 2017

Moving On

     A little over a month ago I broke off a relationship that I had been in for almost 6 years. Things were not going in the direction that I had hoped for and in turn I felt that I needed to end things for me. Problem is that I had fallen in love so hard with him that I didn't want to break things off. I wanted to stay in the relationship. I wanted to stay in the familiar.
    I realized that the relationship was toxic at best and that I needed to do what was best for me and not what felt comfortable. I knew it was going to be had for me to end things, but after a lot of prayer I was able to do just that.
      I quickly realized that it was a good thing that I broke up with him. I found out that I was being lied to the whole time. It seemed that within a week of our breakup he had found someone new. He looked happy. However, I was a wreck because I was still deeply in love with him. I was unable to let go of how I felt.
     Letting go and moving on after a break up is hard if you have fallen so deeply in love. When you have feelings for a person it is hard to let go of them. In my case it should have been easy to move on since clearly he never had at real feelings for me in the first place.
     Once you fall in love with someone you can never ever let go. You want to be with that person forever. However, there comes a time when you have to let go if you feel that things are not working out. In my case I could not do that.
     How have I managed to get through this? Well, I have had a great support system of people to talk to. That and lots of prayer. I have talked to God a lot about how I feel. I been praying a lot. I even pray for my ex because I am worried that he is going down a bad road. I am afraid that he is going to get hurt.
      Having people to talk to that have been where you are at is great. They can help you get through the tuff stuff. They can advise you on how to deal with it. In the end it is going to be ok. It will take time, but it will be ok. Just be patient. You will get there. There will come a day when you don't think about your ex and the feelings are gone. It takes time and everyone is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...