Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 261

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 261
#Blessings2019

I am blessed:

That 40 years ago we came into each others lives. I was the little girl that stole the room at Mom and Dad's house that you had claimed as your own. We were not related by blood, but we were sisters by heart.

I spent lots of time at your house. It always felt like a second home to me. Your mom became Grannie to me. We played many hours of Hungry Hippos and you would cheat. I remember the tree house toy that Grannie kept in the basement that I would play with when I would come.

There was Snoopy (the beagle) and Woof (the basset), James (the rabbit), and George (the huge goldfish).

If I close my eyes and take a deep breath sometimes I can still smell Grannie baking.

Band performances, basketball games, track meets, and college graduation were things I remember.

Today I listen to that version of O Holy Night that mom had were you were playing piano. I miss hearing you play.

Give Mom, Kaylee, and Grannie a hug for me.

I hope that on your 49th Birthday may it be one surrounded by love.

Miss you and <3 you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...