Sunday, December 27, 2015

Adopted Family









This past July my Mom went to be with the Lord. My sister and I were very devastated at loosing her. I will admit that life without Mom in it has been hard. I find myself crying over the little things that remind me of Mom.

I am trying to deal with her loss that best that I can. I have friends that I can talk to and that is great. However, there are times that you really need your Mom to talk to. That is when I fins myself missing her the most.

The day that Mom died my cousin Shawna and her mom Ginger where with my sister and I. Also there was our friend Jeannette. I was so glad that they were at the hospital with us. Just having someone to talk to and to be there when the tears flowed was awesome.

Since Mom passed I have been adopted into a whole new family circle. Jeannette, her husband Brian, son Sean, and Jeannette's parents have welcomed me into their family. I am so thankful that the second day that Mom was in the hospital that Jeannette's dad Nip was with us. He is a pastor. I feel I can talk to him whenever I need to. He is a great guy.

Then there is Ginger's family. Ginger's parents have welcomed us into their life with open arms. They have accepted us as their grandkids. I am so blessed to them in my life. Then there is Ginger who has taken over and become like a mother to my sister and I. I know that I can call her day or night if I need anything. Shawna is the same way. I am so blessed to have these people in my life.

I know that God saw my need before it happened and found the best way to help me through it. He knew who in my life that I could count on and those outside my close family that would be there for me when I needed it most.

Recently I was listing to the Message on Sirus XM Radio and came across this song by Steven Curtis Chapman that talks about adoption. It made me think of all the people in my life that have adopted me into their families. I am so grateful for that.  I Will Be Here is a song too that speaks about being adopted into the family of God. What a blessing!

God adopted us into his family. We were adopted when we ask Jesus into our hearts and got saved. I remember my Aunt Virginia telling me that when I got saved. She told me to always remember that date (June 21, 1995) cause that was my adoption date into the family of God.

I thank God for the people in my life that he has put there to adopt me. I also thank God that he adopted me on the day that I got saved. What a blessing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...