Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Never Gonna Steal My Joy


Do you ever have that one person that really gets to you? That one person that zaps the energy right out of you? The one person that the mention of their name makes you feel tired? That one person that when you are not around them you feel like you have more energy?

That is exactly me everyday. I have that one person that zaps the energy right out of me. This is a person that I would rather not have to see each day, but I know that I have to. So what do I do to deal with this person?

Well, the most important thing that I do is pray. I pray for the situation that I am in and for this person. Then I pray that the Lord will use me and this person to glorify him. That my day would be used to glorify him.

Then I say "Never Gonna Steal My Joy" through the day. That helps give me confidence to know that I am going to have a great day. I am not going to let anyone get me down.

So what is a joy stealer? This is someone that has to be in total control of everything. Someone that if things don't go their way then they tend to blame others around them that don't conform to their beliefs. These Joy Stealers are people that don't have their own lives in control so they feel they need to compensate by controlling others.

I have dealt with people like this. I dreaded going to work everyday. I would pray that these people were absent. I would count down the hours till the day was over and the days till we were on vacation. I had my joy stolen each day cause I let it happen.

No more. I do not let anyone steal my joy. When someone wants to steal my joy I just walk away, take a breath, let God have it, and don't let it get to me. I even just listen to what the person has to say and then just say yes. I don't have to agree with this person, but I do have to be polite.

I just let God take control of the situation. In the end things will work out for his glory. That is all that really matters.

So if someone is trying to steal your joy just think of the words to Mandisa's song Never Gonna Steal My Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...