Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Will We See Snow This Winter?






I live in West Virginia and so far this winter we have been lucky to not have any snow fall. We have had some flurries, but nothing to amount to anything. I also work in the school system and for me this Winter has been wonderful. The less snow the better.

Last year a law was passed in West Virginia that stated that all schools has to go 180 days. Any days missed had to be made up. That means going to school possibly up till July. Not a fun prospect if you ask me.

Then there is driving. I am not the best driver in the world. I most certainly don't like to drive in the snow. I would rather stay home than go out with snow on the road.

The past few days we have saw really cold temperatures here. I will take that over the snow any day. That brings up the question. Will we see snow? My thought is no.

This is an El Nino year. If the El Nino stays strong like it has been it is likely that we will see little to now snow at all. It seems that February is the most active month for snow during the winter. There is a high possibility that we could see snow then, but unlikely given all else that is going on.

I may be wrong, but it is high time that we have a break from snow for a few winters. Last year we had bitter cold temps and many snow events with almost 2 feet of snow. We missed lots of days of school causing us to have to go to almost the end of June to get it all made up.

So a break from snow would be nice. We will just have to wait and see what happens. I am putting it all in the good Lord's hands.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...