Sunday, January 8, 2017

Extreme Cold




I am one to shout it from the roof tops that I don't like winter. I am not a fan of the snow and ice that is associated with winter, but more so I hate the cold temps. Recently here in West Virginia we have had a spell where the weather has been extremely cold.  That is to say that the wind has been wild, temps fall into the teens, and it feels like in the minus numbers. Not something that I like a whole lot.

So when the extreme cold hits you need to be safe. First if you have to go outside bundle up. Heavy coat, hat, gloves, thick socks, heavy pants, etc. This will keep you warm. Also if you have to go some place you need to give your car time to warm up. Check make sure to check your decks and steps for water and clear it off. That way ice will not form.

Dress in layers. You can take clothes off and on if needed. Make sure that your home is air tight so that you don't loose heat in the winter. In extreme cold it will take more to heat your home. Make sure you have lots of blankets on your bed and even invest in an electric blanket. 

Make sure to bring outdoor pets inside. Also if you have children make sure to bundle them up when they go outside. Not being properly dressed can cause you to get sick very quickly. Hypothermia and Frost bite can also happen.

So as I head off to bed I will be dressed warm, two pairs of socks on my feet, 3 blankets on the bed, my electric blanket turned on, and I will sleep well. When I go out I will be dressed in layers, 2 pairs of socks on me feet, hat, gloves, heavy coat, and let the car warm up before I head out. Not taking any chances.

Can't wait for winter to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...