Sunday, March 20, 2016

Worry Less, Pray More











I have found that over the years I tend to worry a lot. Mostly about things that I will never be able to change. Then a friend suggested that instead of worrying about it that I give it over to God and let him handle it. I would feel so much better for it. So that is what I did. Sure enough I felt much better.

Recently I have found myself praying often. I find that when I feel that things are out of control that I can go to God in prayer about what is going on. I can give it over to him and it is like a big weight has been lifted.

Some months back I saw the movie War Room. That has inspired me to begin writing prayers for every aspect of my life that I feel is out of control or that I just need a little help from God in. It has really helped me. I find that I am talking to God more often than I ever had in the past.

My Mom was a big believer in the power of prayer. She would pray all the time. That has started to happen to me. I pray all the time now. I find that when I do I can feel God taking control over whatever I have been praying for.

I also find that during the day I am praying for others. Sometimes it is people that I come in contact with during my day and other times it is people that God has layed on my heart to pray for. I have a strong belief in the power of prayer and what it can do for my life and for the lives of others.

So I encourage you to pray more. When you feel that you are at your weakest pray. That is God's way of telling you that he is up to something God in your life you just need to seek him about it. You may not get the answer to your prayer right away, but God will reveal it in his own time. Be patient. It will be worth the wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...