Saturday, December 30, 2017

Please Park Considerably

I don't have anything for handicap parking myself. However, I do take my Uncle and my Aunt who each have their own handicap placard places. When I take them out we use their placard to park as close to the building as possible. My Uncle has had both hips replaced, has arterial fibrillation, irregular heart beats, and breathing issues. My Aunt has balance and coordination issues.

Too often when we go places we have to take the nearest spot to a handicap because the handicap are full. Too often I see people getting in and out of cars parked in the handicap spaces that are not handicap. They don't have a handicap license or placard. These are the same people that abuse the motorized carts in the stores.

Yes, I am aware that there are some handicaps that you can't see. Those people I am not mad at. But, when a person parks in a handicap spot they should have either a handicap license plate on the car or a handicap placard hanging from the rear view mirror.

Then there are those who have handicap parking items and want to tell me what the law says about parking in a handicap spot. It is all because there are very few handicap spots in the lots, I am parked legally, and this person has to park in a regular spot.

Then there are those that can't park correctly in a handicap spot. If they park next to a van spot then park close to the other car so that if the van has a lift that it can't be used. This aggravates me that someone would do that. It is like they are taking up two spots.

My advice is that if you don't have handicap parking or are transporting someone that has handicap parking please don't park in the spot. It makes life easier for the ones who really need it. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...