Thursday, December 21, 2017

Not In The Mood For Christmas

I love Christmas. It is my favorite holiday. Most years I am ready for it and can't wait. I am like a kid in a candy store about it. This year is different. I am just not feeling it at all. I feel like skipping the whole thing. The holidays though are to be a happy time they bring with it for some depression. At the holidays some miss family members and become depressed.

Christmas is more than just giving and receiving of presents. It is the remembrance of the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is remembering that Jesus came as a baby boy and grew to become a man that would later die on the cross for you and me. I remember that thought, but I still can't get into the spirit of Christmas.

It seems like this year the spirit of Christmas has been zapped out of me. It is like there is no joy in the holiday for me this year. I just can't explain it. This too shall pass. I will get over it. It is just a phase.

I think that once I start playing my Christmas music that I will get in the mood. I just need to set my mind on he holiday and all that comes with it. I will be fine. I will feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...