Thursday, May 7, 2015

Educators......Super Heros Without A Cape


Recently some of the students in my class decided that I should be called Wonder Woman because of all the things that I do for each of them during the day. That got me to thinking about all the things that teachers and aides do for students each and every day. Teachers and aides go above and beyond the call of duty to educate children. Students take for granted all the hard work that it takes teachers and aides to do their jobs.

My mom was a high school teacher. I never really took into consideration all that she did as part of her job. I just like other students took what she did for granted. Like it was expected. Teachers come to school early and stay late. The long hours that they put in are to ensure that their students get a quality education.

They spend their own money on school supplies to make sure that their students have all the necessities to have a quality education. They take the time to get to know each student and their families personally. They take a personal interest.

Aides are the same way. I can tell you that I personally spend long hours at work each and everyday. I get to work early and somedays I end up staying late to make sure that things are ready for the next day. I have found that I spend my own money on much needed supplies for the classroom. I even make sure to take a personal interest in each student and get to know their families. It really makes a difference.

I have noticed that when I sit down and have a conversation with a child at lunch or snack time that the child is more likely to trust me than if I don't take an interest in them. Plus getting to know their families says that I have an interest in having good communication with them. I can tell it is the little things that mean a lot.

Educators (teachers and aides) are super heroes. We just don't wear a cape. We go unrecognized for the work that we do. God blesses us for all that we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...