Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Cancer Sucks

 
 Recently Cancer has affected my family. My Uncle Pat passed away after a short battle with cancer. That got me to thinking. When someone that we love is afflicted with Cancer we don't know how long we will have with them. Some will defy the odds.
 
My friend Carol is an example of defying the odds. Recently she celebrated her 2nd Birthday since her diagnoses of Leukemia. She has lived 2 years longer than they originally thought despite all that she went through to battle the disease. 
 
Cancer is non discriminatory. It can strike anyone at any age. It is a horrid disease. Some are strong enough to fight it. While others become too weak from the battle to fight. Everyone who gets cancer is different.

Most recently a friend of mine has had cancer hit home. Last year her Uncle was diagnosed with cancer and at first he was doing great. Then things started to change. Now he is in the fight of his life. Prayers are being said at this time.

This is just the nature of cancer. It is an awful thing. It sucks to see someone that you know and love battling it. We feel helpless to the power of cancer. All we can do is pray for a cure.

Recently Relay for Life was held near me. I think that this is a good cause to be involved in. Some people that I know participated to raise money in the fight for cancer.

Right now I plan to pray for a cure for cancer. God is bigger than any mountain that we can or can not see. He can defeat this mountain called cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...