Friday, April 6, 2018

Gratitude 2018 Day 96

Attitude of Gratitude - Day 96
#AttitudeOfGratitude2018
#grateful #thankful

I am grateful for the ability to sew. My Great-Aunt Virginia taught me to sew when I was a kid. She taught me to sew buttons. In Jr High Mrs. Lane worked with me to teach me to sew with a treadle sewing machine. Mrs. Strawderman taught sewing by machine and hand. We sewed buttons with Mrs. Branson in Pre Voc 9.

I can't thread a sewing machine today. I don't know how to tread a bobbin either. What I do know is that I can sew by hand. A skill that has come in handy in the last while.

Today at work I was putting that skill to good use. I was sewing handles back on bags that the kids use to put their nap blankets in. A few minor sticks with the needle, but all in all it went well.

Sewing is something that is not taught in school anymore. It is a life skill that is very useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...