Sunday, August 13, 2017

So Long Summer



Tonight I am saying so long to Summer. Why you ask? Labor Day is the official end to Summer. Well, you are right. However, for us educators the official end to Summer is the last day before we have to head back to work.

When I was a kid Labor Day signaled the end of Summer and the beginning of school. Now it seems that schools are starting earlier and earlier. Meaning that those of us that work in the school system are having our precious Summer break cut short.

I am sure that parents are ready to send their children back to school cause they have had enough of them being at home. I can tell you that educators are not ready to go back. We want more Summer. We want more break.

My Mom taught school for 40 years. During the 30 years of my life that she taught I came to realize why Summer Break was vital. Mom worked late hours making sure that the library at East Hardy High was up to date. She wanted to have the best for the students.

Mom always said that a sign of a good teacher was how much time that they invested into their classroom. They want to make sure that their students succeed. I had teachers like this. I even work with teachers like this. You know who I mean. The ones that come to school early and stay late. Those are the ones that cherish their Summer Break.

So as I say Good Bye to Summer I am hoping that this school year flies by so that Summer Break is hear again. But until then I will be thankful that I have a job, thankful for my students, and thankful for my co-workers.

This school year I encourage all parents to consider how hard teachers, aides, and all school employees work. Reward them for a job well done to make sure that your child has a quality education. It helps them to feel good, do their job better, and know that they are making a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...