Friday, March 20, 2015

Happy Birthday Kaylee




I was blessed for 5 years to have a wonderful little girl named Kaylee as a part of my family. Kaylee's mom Allaina was my mom's goddaughter and like a big sister to me. I considered Kaylee to be my little niece. Kaylee was tragically taken from those who knew and loved her on October 24, 2009. Our lives are empty, but our hearts will always be full of the love and memories that we have of Kaylee.

I have so many memories of Kaylee. She loved to play with my orange cat. She loved to sing Jesus Loves Me and Away In A Manger. We would sing those songs over and over. She loved to blow bubbles with me. She loved for me to read her books, color with her, and even play games. We had lots of fun.

Today would have been Kaylee's 11th Birthday. It seems like only yesterday that we were celebrating her 5th. At the time I never realized how soon everything was going to change. I look back now and wish that I would not have taken those days for granted.

My biggest memory of Kaylee comes when she found out that I had Autism. "Annie, God made you special." "He sure did Kaylee." That little girl accepted everyone for who they were no matter what. She had a heart so full of the love of God.

Another memory that I have is when Kaylee asked me if I would share my Granddaddy with her. I told her that I would and that he would love that. Granddaddy sure did love Kaylee as much as she loved him.

Kaylee loved butterflies. At this time of year when I see a butterfly I know that it is Kaylee watching over me. She is telling me that it will be ok.

I am sure that Kaylee is in Heaven now watching over all those that she loved. She is up there singing her favorite songs. I take comfort in the fact that one day I will see her again in Heaven.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...