Saturday, March 21, 2015

Do You Believe?


Do you believe in the cross? That is a powerful question for Christians today. My response is yes. Then if so what are you going to do about it? That too is a powerful question. The most powerful verse in the entire bible is John 3:16-For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son. That whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Jesus death on the cross at Easter is one of the main points of the Christian faith. To me if you don't believe in the power of Jesus death on the cross then you really are not a true Christian. Jesus died on the cross to save us from sin. That is a powerful thing.

If we truly believe in the power of the cross then we need to share the story of the cross with others. We need to share with them that Jesus loved us so much that he gave his life for us that Good Friday on the cross to save us from living a life of eternity in hell. That if we have faith in the power of the cross that we will one day spend eternity in heaven with Jesus.

In today's society it is hard for Christians to share their faith with others. For some of us we can't even share it with our co workers. I work in the school system and would love to share my faith with my students, but that is simply not allowed.

In the years that I have worked in the school system children have talked to me about their faith. They tell me about going to church, who their preacher is, who their Sunday School teacher is, and even what they learned in church. I love to hear them share their love for the Lord.

Sometimes even students will come up to me and tell me about how I made a difference in their life as I shared my faith. They tell me that I was a great teacher at church camp and that they will be back again because of me. I am so glad to hear that.

We need to remember the cross everyday. We need to live the cross everyday. If not we as Christians will miss out on the true meaning of what being a Christian is all about. We will not be able to witness to others about the love that Jesus has for us.

Yes, I know that the manger too is an important part of the Christian faith. However, it does not play as big a role as the cross does. The cross symbolizes our new life in Jesus. It represents the fact that our sins have been washed away and that we have been made new. We need always remember that.

This brings us back to the beginning. Do you believe in the cross? If so, what are you going to do about it?

The Cross by The Crabb Family sums this all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...