Thursday, March 26, 2015

Broken Faith

Chapter 3
 
 
I got to school early that morning. Sue never showed up on time. I had spoken to her about it. It seemed like even thought I was the teacher and her supervisor that Sue never wanted to do what I asked of her. She always thought she knew what to do. I had been a Preschool Teacher for 10 years now and had worked with Sue for 2. I worked hard at getting along with Sue. However, she seemed to have a big mouth and wanted to get me in trouble. This was about to change.
 
As I sat at my desk going over my lesson plans I said a prayer. I wanted to do my best job and get along with Sue. That was something that we struggled with. I had noticed lately that when Sue was upset with me that we ended up in Principle Jones office. I never understood why she would not talk to me directly.
 
One thing that we struggled with was Sue knowing what was her job and what was my job. She often crossed the line and tried to do my job. This was a fact that I hated. I had tried to over look it. I said another prayer as Sue walked into the room.
 
I had as I always did left Sue a routine list of things that she had to do each day. She resented me for it. However, she needed it. Sue found the list and grumbled as usual about it. Then she got to work. I set back to getting my things ready for the day before the buses arrived. Sue had bus duty at 7:45. She was to go and greet the children as they got off the bus. She was not pleasant at all with it.
 
Once she was done we started our day. Then when naptime came I noticed that Sue had left the room. Here we go again. Sue had gone to see Principle Jones. She came back into the room. Ms. Annabelle, Mr. Jones wants to see you. I knew it. She had went to tell on me again. I was going to have to talk to him about it.
 
I went to the office. Miss Lora the secretary said that I could go in to see him. I took a seat and waited. Ms. Annabelle, I know that you are tired of coming to my office and frankly I am tired of having you come see me. Ms. Sue was here again to complain. Do you even talk to each other? Yes, Mr. Jones I talk to her. I give her instruction of what she is to do. The problem is sir that she refuses to follow my directions. She goes off and does her own thing. I have spoken to her, but she doesn't listen.
 
Mr. Jones looked concerned. Mr. Jones sometimes she crosses the line and tries to do my job. We have spoken about this, but she storms off mad. She just will not listen. I know that I should have come to you before now, but I thought I could fix this problem on my own. I realize now that I can't. Ms. Annabelle, I think you were wise trying to work this out on your own, but now it is time for me to take over. I am going to come in tomorrow to observe what is going on and then make a decision. I have heard from other faculty and staff that Ms. Sue is over stepping and that needs to be taken care of.
 
I walked back to the room. I knew that this problem had gone on too long. The next day Mr. Jones came to observe during Center Time. He told me that he wanted to speak to me and Sue after school in his office. My nerves were a mess. I was in a knot wondering what was going to happen. After school I told Sue we were expected in the office.
 
Ms. Sue I came to observe the class today. I found that the problems that are occurring in the class are your fault. I have decided that since you make a habit of coming to my office to complain on top of the fact that you refuse to do what is asked of you. Not to mention that you over step your bounds. I am going to take disciplinary action against you. This may mean a suspension for a period. We will just have to wait and see.
 
I could not believe it. Sue was going to get it good. I walked back to the room to finish a few things and said a prayer. Sue was not a bad person by any means. It is just that she has to be in control. I prayed that she would be able to control herself and do her job right.
 
Then I heard crying. Sue was upset. I am so sorry Ms. Annabelle. I thought I was doing the right thing. I thought that I was helping. I didn't realize that I was making things worse. I gave her a hug. I know you meant well, but you have to understand that you can't do my job. You have to do your job. Ok I will try. You can't just try you have to do. Then I asked her if we could pray together.
 
After saying a prayer we went home. Things were going to look up one way or another.
 
Next week: Chapter 4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...