Thursday, July 6, 2017

Daily Bible Reading









Most every Christian owns a bible and we all have read one in one part or another. Some of us only bring out our bibles when we are going to church for Sunday Services or a bible study. Most of the time the bible sits on our shelves and gathers dust. Not a good thing.

I have many different translations of the bible. Most of them are for reference , but some I do read. I have one or two that I use to read on a daily bases.  Daily bible reading helps you to learn and grow your faith.

One of the first things I do each day is read my bible. My dad just doesn't go right if I don't read my bible. I have a bible plan for the year that I follow. Reading the bible each day is a great way to get in tune with God.

If you read your bible God can show you things that you may not get otherwise. I love  to read a passage and then take time to listen to what God has to say to me about the passage. I learn so much. I find that daily bible study helps me to understand the bible better.

One thing that bothers me is that when people read the bible and then become interpreters of that word. That is to say that when they read a passage they will make up what they think the passage is saying to them. That is not good at all.  What happens is that when these people are in a bible study that they tend to spread false doctrine to people young in the faith who tend to believe what they are told. These young in the faith types have no idea what is the Truth and what is false teaching.

I always read the word and pray about it. I ask God to show me what he wants me to get out of it. That way I am not getting something wrong out of it. The more that I read of the bible the more that I learn.

I encourage you to set aside time each day to read the bible. You will be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...