Thursday, July 27, 2017

Not Ready To Say Good-Bye





As I write this I have a heavy heart that is broken. My friend Jackie's daughter Jurnee went to be with Jesus today. Jurnee was in a car accident earlier this week. This is something that no parent should have to go through.

I know what Jackie is going through. No, I didn't loose a child. I did however, watch my Mom die in a hospital hooked up to machines that were keeping her alive. I still remember my sister telling the doctor that we were a family of optimist and that we were fighters. We had hope that Mom was going to get better at that time.

I can imagine that Jackie said about the same thing to the doctors at UVA. I am sure that she had faith that Jurnee was going to walk out of that hospital completely healed. No one ever expects to have to watch their loved one hooked up to machines to keep them alive. They expect the best outcome. I am sure that Jackie, like we did prayed by Jurnee's bed side. I am sure that she even talk to her.

I remember reading to my Mom out of Uncle Ed's Bible. That brought me lots of comfort. I am sure that Jackie got lots of comfort knowing that lots of people back in Hardy County and beyond were praying for her family. Lots of prayers going up for them. It was the same with us. Mom was a big believer in the power of prayer and we believed that through prayer God was going to heal her.

Then there comes the point when nothing more can be done. The hard thing is when you have to stop the machines that are keeping your loved one alive. Reality is that they have already went to be with Jesus. I am sure that this was the most painful part of it all for Jackie. Something I could not bear to watch with Mom.

No one knows the day or the hour when we will take our last breath. However, God knows. He has planned out our days before we were even born. We should live each day as though we are ready for the Lord to call us home.

 Everyday is a gift from God. We need to make the most of it while we can. This Earth is not our home. We are just passing through on our way to our Eternal Home.

I was thinking today that Jurnee is a Child Of The King and will get to spend a lifetime with her Heavenly Father. That is an awesome thought.

At times like this we often wonder if Jesus cares. My Mom's favorite song Does Jesus Care/God Will Take Care Of You says that God cares and will be there for you in times like these. He will never leave you or forsake you.

Everything Has A Season in this life. Ecclesiastics tells us that there is a season to be born and a time to die. I do believe that God does provide us with a healing stream in times like these.

I have heard that time heals after a loss. No time does not heal. It just makes the pain less. It has been 2 years since Mom passed and I still miss her as much today as I did then. My dad has been gone 22 years and the pain is less, but I still miss him.

My Uncle Pat died in April 2015 from Cancer. He told my Aunt Joem that you need to live like you were dying everyday of your life so that you were ready to go when it happened. However, if Jackie has taught me anything is that we need to live like you are loved.

Jackie is one that is always putting others first. Reminds me of my dad. Jackie has a good heart and it shows in her children. Now is the time that those of us that know and love Jackie need to give back to her what she has given to so many of us over the years. We need to support her family at this time of loss in their lives.

There is a hole in their lives that can never be filled until they reach Heaven and see Jurnee again. That is going to be one glorious day for sure.

My heart breaks for Jackie. I continue to keep Jackie and her family in prayer at this time. Life is to short. Tell those that you love that you love them everyday. Make time for them. You never know when it will be your last.

Please pray for Jackie and her family as they deal with this unspeakable tragedy in their lives. Please send them lots of love too. God gained another angel way too soon. We were not ready to say good-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...