Thursday, July 20, 2017

Worry





For a lot of us worry tends to be a part of our every day lives. We worry a lot about things that are out of our control. I admit that I am a Worrier. I worry about everything and anything. That is no good for my health. It has caused me blood pressure problems.

For 6 years I worried about my then boyfriend. I still worry about him even though we are no longer dating. He has epilepsy and my greatest fear at one time was that he would have a seizure bad enough to die. I knew that would never happen, but it went through my mind. Now my biggest worry for him is if he is happy with his new girlfriend and is he still going to church.

I worry about my job. This past year I would walk into work and worry about what was going to happen that day that was going to get me into some sort of trouble. I would worry about my church and if someone in the church that did not like me would try to get me kicked out.

After my Mom died I worried about my sister. I was afraid I was going to loose her too. At one time I was such a worrier that I worried about things long before it even happened. Then after I had a scare with my blood pressure I came to the realization that I needed to change.

So I began to pray. I talked to God every day. Realized that when I prayed and let God be in control that the worry was gone. Worry is the work of the devil. It takes your mind off doing what the Lord wants and you mind on something else. Not a good thing.

I have begun to start my day with prayer and end my day with prayer. It has been a big help. During the day if I am having an issue I just say Jesus and he knows what is going on. Sometimes I say God is in control and I feel much better.

I believe that life would be better if we just let God be in control and not worry at all. It is not going to get us anywhere in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...