Sunday, July 23, 2017

End Of One And Beginning Of A New


Yesterday was a bittersweet day for me. I ended one chapter of my life an began a new chapter. In 2014 I made the decision that it was high time to go a buy a new car. I was driving a car that my Mom had bought my sister. That car was good, but it had lots of used parts on it. So when it finally left me sitting in the driveway I was done.

So Mom took me to Moorefield to Weimer Chevy to look for a car. I was set on getting a Cruze. I liked the look of the car and I had heard good things about it. A co-worker had one and he loved it. A neighbor had one and she had nothing but good things to say about it. Both of them drove many miles a week with their cars and got great gas mileage.

I had looked online and chose a Tungsten one. When I got to the dealership I test drove a black one. I was not sold on black. I did remember what my Grandpa told me. When you put your foot on the gas if it responded right away it was a great car. The car did and I got a little scared.  When we got back to the dealership the salesman wanted to sell me the black one.

I wanted to look at the Tungsten one. Online it looked like it was purple. Once I saw it on the lot I was not sold. He wanted to sell me a green one and a white one. I was not having it. Then he showed me a Champagne Silver one. It looked Gold. I was sold.

I loved that car and it was a great car for me. I had it for over 3 years. One day I received a New Roads Magazine from Chevy. On the front cover was this Orange Chevy Cruze Hatchback. I fell in love. I remember showing the magazine to my sister and tell her that this was going to be my next car.

I had decided that Summer was when I was going to go get it. I was nervous. My cousin Shawna said that I was crazy and that I would not get rid of my 2014. In a way she was right. It held lots of memories for me. Mom went with me to get it. However, it was time for a change. I needed an upgrade.

So when they called from Weimers with some great deals I was set. I was ready to take the next step. I made the appointment so that my sister could go with me.

So yesterday my sister and I went to get the new car. When we got to the lot she wanted to look at the Cruzes that were along the road. We drove by and she tried to change my mind about the Orange. I would not have it. I was set. We drove up to the front of the dealership and my sister pointed out what would become my new car.

 After doing some paperwork it was test drive time. I took it out on Corridor H. It drove very nicely. My sister played with the radio and AC while I drove. A little while later we where let go so they could work on financing. I got to take my old car and go. We went to Walmart. As soon as we got out at Walmart I told my sister I was glad I was moving on.

After a long time I finally got my new car. We left and went to finish some shopping. When we came out people were talking about how eye catching the color of my car was. I as flattered.

My 2017 has many new features that I am so happy with. First it is a hatchback with a wiper on the back. It has a touch screen entertainment center. It has push button and remote start. It also is very roomy in the front and backseat. It has no key at all. It has a sport stick gear shift. Another thing is is that when I come to a stop the AC/Heat and the radio get lower so that I can hear. My salesman said that is a new safety feature.

 It is so nice. I am so in love with it. The Orange is a great color. They had to go to their Romney location to get the car so that I could have a automatic. The one on their lot was a 5 speed.

My Aunt Joem said that it was a nice fall orange color that is really warm and inviting. She is excited for me and loves it. I can't wait to take her for a spin in it this week.

I would highly recommend a Cruze. Weither you are getting a sedan or the hatchback it is a great small car. I have never had any problems with it. I love it.

So as I end one chapter of my life a new one has begun. I am so excited to be taking this new step in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...