Sunday, July 9, 2017

Regrets and Wishes

At some time in our lives we have all had times that we regretted something that you did or a decision that you have made. We look back on times like this as a stepping stone to something much better.

Recently I ended a 6 year relationship. As I look back on it I regret having broke things off. I wanted to stay in the relationship, but circumstances would not allow it. I wanted to make things work. I was in love and I was so happy. Then things went horribly wrong. I tried to salvage it, but it just did not work out.

I realize that this is just a stepping stone to something better that God has in store of me. This came a week after we broke up that my ex had already found someone else. I began to think that may be he had someone else on the side during our relationship. I started to think that God gave me a sign that I did the right thing by moving on.

Then it comes to wishes. As a kid I would wish for lots of things. I would wish for a brother, wish for a pet, wish for all sorts of things. As an adult I still make wishes. Most recently I wished that things in my last relationship has not fallen through. I wished that things with his new girlfriend would fall through and that he would come back to me.

My wishes became prayers. I began to pray to God that he would put my ex back in my life. I would beg God to make my ex mine again. I had high hopes. I knew that God would only give me what he wanted me to have. So he didn't full fill my wishes. That might just be a good thing.

I have realized that regrets and wishes go hand and hand. When we regret something we end up wishing for something related to the regret. We never take the time to see that God may have had a big hand in what is going on. We need to trust his will for us. We need to let him be in control.

So the next time that you are in a situation of regret and wished just remember that is is all part of God's plan for you life. Thank him for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...