Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Prayer







I grew up being taught that Prayer was very important. That through prayer you could move mountains in your life and the lives of others. When I went off to college I slowly drifted away from church and prayer. It was not till I had finished college and moved home that I began to see the power of prayer again in my life.

I grew up believing that my Mom had a direct line to God. It seemed that most of her prayers got answered. She would wake up in the middle of the night with something on her heart and pray about it. She would later tell me about what she had been praying about or who she had been praying for.

My Mom has since passed away (July 2015) and I feel that I have become her. I too wake up in the middle of the night praying about something or someone that has been put on my heart. Sometimes I will have a dream about someone and it will wake me up to pray for them.

I was taught as a child to close your eyes when you pray. That is all well and good. As an adult I find that I don't close my eyes when I pray. I know that goes against everything that I was taught, but I have good reason for it.

When I pray I talk to God or Jesus like they are right here with me. They are our friends so we need to treat them as such. They are here with us in spirit anyway so I figure there is no harm in talking to them like they are physically here.

I start out by saying "Ok God" or "Jesus". Then I thank them for the day, their love for me, and all their blessings for me. Then I pray for those on my heart. I try to keep a list of those people on a note card. Sometimes I am lead to pray for people that I don't even know. I end my pray with praying for my needs. I pray for things in my life. Then I end with thanking God or Jesus for listening. My conclusion is to say Amen.

You may not feel comfortable praying like this. That is fine. I encourage you to pray however you feel like praying. Do what works best for you. It is all up to you. God hears us no matter what.

I have found that the best time for me to pray is when I am alone in the car driving. I do it a lot on the way to and from work. Another thing that I have found that is I don't have the words to say I can just say Jesus and he will know.

Another thing you can do is pray the scripture. Incorporate the word into your prayers. Also singing songs is a prayer to God. If you can't come up with words to say sing a song and God will know.

I encourage you to spend time in prayer to the Lord. It will do you good. You will see results and you will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...