Thursday, July 12, 2018

Gratitude 2018 Day 193

Attitude of Gratitude - Day 193
#AttitudeOfGratitude2018
#grateful #thankful

I am grateful Summer Break. People don't understand why those of us in education need a break in the Summer.

We get up early in the morning to go to work and sometimes we stay late at work. We get home and we are tired. We try to do house work and make dinner. Then it is off to bed. Weekends are spent doing house work and running errands.

We pour our heart and souls into our jobs. We go above and beyond to make sure that the children in our schools and classrooms have what they need. Not to mention a quality education.

We take pride in what we do. We get to know our students. We worry about some of our students when school is not in session. We buy with our own money supplies for our classroom as well as school supplies for students.

Often times we don't get paid enough for the job that we do. We don't get the recognition that we deserve at times. This job often is not about the money we make, but the satisfaction we get in knowing that we helped to shape the lives of children that will one day go on to do great things.

It really warms my heart when students who I had in school come back to be teachers that I work with. It is hard getting use to that, but I enjoy knowing that I had them in school.

Education is a stressful job. We as educators (teachers, aides cooks, janitors, secretaries, bus drivers, principles) all need time to relax. We have lives outside of school.

As an educator I understand why my Mom dedicated 40 years of her life to her job. I love what I do. I love the children that cross my path. I can't see myself doing anything else.

My Grandpa told me that if you don't love what you do then you should not be doing it. He said you have to love your job or else it is just work. He said that if you love your job you will put your heart and soul into it. That is so true.

So I am grateful for Summer Break that sadly goes too fast. I just wish the school year would go this fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...