Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Snow...Not A Big Fan


Snow....Yes, I know that it is a part of the Winter season, but does it have to happen so often and so much. I am not a big fan of snow y any means. I would rather have rain than snow. Last winter it seemed like we were having snow almost on a weekly bases. To me that is too much snow. I got sick of snow quick.

Another reason that I don't like snow is cause of my job. I work for the local school system. You would think that being with kids all day that I would love a snow day. Not so. The state of WV has passed legislation that states that now we have to have 180 instructional days during the school year. That could mean if we get enough snow days this year that we could be going till July. I would rather be in school now than school in June.

A friend of mine pointed out recently that we need the snow. We need it for all the good that it will do this Spring and Summer. We need the moisture. Last year we got plenty of snow and still we had dry ground for crops. That coupled with the lack of rain did not sit well for farmers in the area.

That brings me to another reason to dislike snow. I grew up on a farm. Now as an adult still living on the farm I can see why farmers don't like the snow. Power outages for one. If the snow is heavy enough trees could cut off the power. Not good for chickens and other animals. Plus if the snow is deep enough farmers can't get out to feed their cows and other animals.

Then there is driving. When it snows I don't drive unless I have to. That is a good thing. One less person on the road. It seems that soon after the snow stops that people feel that they have to get out and go. I had an Uncle that as soon as the snow stopped and he could get out he had to go somewhere. Never failed. The roads are not safe anymore after the snow.

I could list a million reasons why I don't like snow. I know that there are people out there that like the snow and that is fine. To each his own.

I have a friend that keeps telling me that God has it under control. That is true. He will not give us anymore than we can handle. That is a fact. I figure that God knows what we need. If he feels that I need to work in June instead of enjoy a break then who am I to argue with that.

So if you love snow I say good for you. If you are like me and don't like the snow then I say join the club. Snow will not be gone till Spring and then will be back again next Winter. It is a fact of life that we just have to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...