Saturday, January 10, 2015

The End of an Era



As 2015 begins it seems that a few things in our community that have been long time institutions are coming to an end. That is sad for those of us who have lived in the community for a long time. I guess that change has to happen.

On December 31st, South End Grocery closed its doors. The store had been opened for 35 years here in Lost City. It is sad to see it close, but it was going to happen sometime. JP and Jeanie are ready to retire. Their store had a little bit of everything in it. In the Spring and Summer you could go there and find fresh fruits and vegetables. They had homemade sandwiches, hotdogs, ice cream, and so much more. The store will be missed.

Green Valley Clinic will close its doors this month. Dr. Gehman and staff have been a vital part of the community for decades. The staff makes you feel part of the family. They are very carrying of all the patients. Dr. Gehman made you feel comfortable. I know that when I have had to see him when I was sick I knew that he would know just what to do to make me feel better. He is a small town doctor with a caring touch. His office will be missed for sure.

I have a feeling that with these institutions closing that something will come to replace them. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...