Saturday, January 10, 2015

Retirement....Saying Good-Bye to special people


In everyone's life there comes a time when they think about and then decide to retire. They have come to the age and stage in life when it is time for retirement. Webster's dictionary defines Retirement as the act of ending your work or career.

Recently some people I know have decided to take the step in life of retirement. It is sad, but it has to happen. I wish them the best in the rest of their life as they move on into the retirement stage of life. They will be missed, but they have left a lasting mark behind.

Mrs. Reva Miller has been a waitress at the Kac-Ka-Pon Restaurant as long as I can remember. She always had a smile on her face. She got to know the regular customers. I can remember going there as a kid and Reva already knowing what I was going to order. She served me wing dings and fries many times. She was always so kind to everyone who she waited on. She is a wonderful Christian lady. I know that I am going to miss her. I wish her all the best.

Mr. Funkhouser has been a staple at East Hardy High School for years. He taught English. Last year and this year he has been working with the Core Curriculum. He is a very kind and caring teacher. Students trust him. They know that if they need someone to talk to that Mr. Funkhouser is someone that they can talk to. He is a very Christian man. I can remember when my Grandpa Rittenour passed away how Mr. Funkhouser prayed with Mom and I. Mr. Funkhouser was a great teacher and a great person to work with.

Mr. Rudy has been a staple at East Hardy High School for years. He has taught Math. He has been tough, but fair. Students know that if they need help with math that Mr. Rudy is glad to help. He wants to see his students succeed. I can remember in college taking a math course that was quite hard. I had a tutor that was helping me. She and I came across a math problem that we could not do. She told me that we would call my mom (former math teacher) for help. If mom could not help us then we would look to Mr. Rudy for help.

Mr. Funkhouser and Mr. Rudy are the difference. They were interviewed for a program called Be The Difference. You can view that interview at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7bzfb90ccM.

I wish these wonderful people as well as everyone else who is planning to retire the best of luck in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...