Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Jason Crabb.....His Music Has A Powerful Message


In 2009 I was going through a ruff patch. My Grandpa Rittenour had passed away in May and then two people that I dearly love were murdered in October. That left me questioning my faith in God. I was at the point that I wanted to give up on God. Then one Saturday Night I was watching Classic Gospel on WVPBS. This show was all about the Gaither Homecoming.

As I watched the show I saw a singer by the name of Jason Crabb who sang the song  Through The Fire. That song just blew me away. The message behind the song says that no matter what we are going through in our lives that God is always with us. That song has been my favorite from that point on. I just couldn't get enough of it. That song reminded me of the bible story of Shadrack, Meshack, and Abednego.

Jason's music has a powerful message. I know that when I need a lift or just wanting to praise the Lord that Jason's songs will be what that I go for. They are so powerful.

Another song that I reach for in my Jason Crabb playlist is I Sure Miss You. This is a song that Jason wrote after the passing of his Grandpa. When I am missing my Grandpa I listen to this song and it reminds me that one day I will see Grandpa again.

Another powerful song that I listen to over and over is Please Forgive Me. The version of this song that I like best is one that Jason does with Gordon Mote. The song has a powerful message.

Please Forgive Me,
I need your grace to make it through,
All I have is you,
I'm at your mercy Lord,
An I'll serve you,
Until my dying day,
And help others find the way,
At your mercy,
Please forgive me

I can't help loving I'm Amazed. Jason does this song with the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir. It is a powerful song that will get your hands in the air. Jason did this song at the last Billy Graham Crusade that was held in New York City.

Redeemer is another one that I love. That song talks about Jesus. It is a great song about the power of Jesus. Daystar is a song that talks about how much one person loves Jesus and wants to be a witness in this world for him. I love that song.

Love Wins is a powerful song. It says that no matter what happens God's love is going to win the battle for you. Love is Stronger is a song that talks about how when things get tuff that you keep going. The video for this song is one that makes me cry. You can watch it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZuWbA2LnlE.

Until I Found The Lord is a song about Jacob. It is a great song about one man's faith in God. Maybe we should all seek the Lord like Jacob did. Until Then talks about making the most of life on Earth till God calls you home.

I could go on and on about the songs of Jason Crabb. There are just so many good ones. I could listen to Jason's music 24/7. It never gets old. It always seems new to me each time that I hear it.

I have a friend named Becca that is just as huge a fan of Jason Crabb as I am. She got to see him in concert. I thought that was so cool. I am hoping that one day Becca will make a video to post on Facebook of her singing one of Jason's songs. She is a good singer.

God gave Jason Crabb a gift and he is using that gift to glorify God. What a blessing he is! If you have never heard Jason Crabb I encourage you to check out his music. You will be truly blessed. It has a great message and is so powerful.

1 comment:

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...