Thursday, January 29, 2015

Winter.....Can we just skip it?


I am one who hates Winter. I dread it when it gets near time for Winter to begin. One reason is that I hate the fact that it is so dark out a lot during Winter. That makes people depressed. We need more sunlight all year round. Another reason that I hate Winter is the snow. The snow makes it hard to get out and do things. You are stuck in doors for days and even weeks. I know people say that we need the snow, but I don't see what good that it will do.

I just wish that one year that we could just skip Winter and go right to Spring. I love the warm weather. Makes you want to get out and do things. You have more energy. I would just like for one year to be able to sleep through Winter and wake up in Spring.

Since we have started into January 2015 it seems like each week the weathermen are predicting snow. That is just depressing. I hear people all the time say how wonderful it is that we get snow. I think those are the same people that don't have to go to work in snow.

I don't think snow lovers realize that the more snow we get the more days that school is closed. With West Virginia's new 180 day of school rule that means that we have to make up every day missed due to bad weather. So if we miss a day due to snow we have to make it up. That could mean less Summer vacation.

So if I had my way I would have a magic wand to wave and melt all the snow. I would also wave my wand and make it never snow again. I know that that is just a good wish, but it is a wish none the less.

I just have to remember that God is only going to give us what we can handle. He knows what we need and when we need it. I just hope and pray that he understands that I need to be at work now and not in the summer.

God is going to see me though this winter. Yes I may complain about the weather, but I know it is all in God's hands. Thank you Lord for carrying me through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...