Thursday, March 22, 2018

Hit You In The Face

The following is a blog I wrote on October 23, 2011 that I wanted to share with you. I hope that you enjoy it.

Have you ever set in church and something from the sermon has hit you in the face? I never really thought about this till my friend Judy posed a question at bible study asking each of us what our sermon at church was about. Then she went on to say that there should be something in the sermon each week that hits us in the face. I had one of those moments not to long ago. This happened to me on October 3.

       Our Sunday School lesson was on Proverbs 19 which was kind of like rules to live by. Our sermon was titled Sinai House Rules. It was about the 10 Commandments. In essence it said that we need to find a way to apply the 10 Commandments to our lives. We tend to … be like the people of Jesus day were we take them and put our own spin on them. We should not be doing this. These are the rules that God gave us to base our Christian lives on. See Judy, I did listen this time. I got a smack in the face more than once. God woke me up today on the importance of listening. Sometimes he speaks through others to get our attention.

   This has since made me think twice about paying attention to the sermon. I don’t always do that. I have a tendency to be distracted. From now on I am going to pay attention. I hope that one day very soon I will have one of these smack in the face moments.

    Think about it when you go to church on Sunday. Will there be something that has stuck out to you? If it is consider it a blessing from God. He is trying to tell you something that you need to hear. Thank him for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...