Sunday, March 11, 2018

Life A Life of Great Faith







This morning in Sunday School Class we were asked to think of a person who had great faith. There were two people that came to my mind at that time. The first was my Aunt Virginia and the other was my Mom. They both lived their lives with great faith in the Lord.

As a kid I think both Mom and Aunt Virginia were very influential in my walk with the Lord. I remember being taught John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13 as the first bible verses. I also learned early that prayer was a powerful thing. That if you ever had a problem that you could talk to God through prayer. Mom believed that if you went to God in prayer that whatever you asked of him that you would receive it.

Aunt Virginia taught me to make the word of the Lord more personal to me. She said that I needed to insert my name into the scripture passage so that I would understand what the Lord had in store for me. Philippians 4:13 was the first passage to which this was done.

Anne can do all things through Christ who strengthens her.

I learned too that church was just a building where you gathered with others. You can worship the Lord anywhere at anytime. You didn't need to be in church. This is so true. Where you are at the Lord is always with you.

I learned from them that if you had faith as big as a mustard seed that you had great faith. That faith without works is dead. That you need to live your life as an example of faith each and every day. I also learned that the first will be last and the last will be first. That was a great lesson. It taught me that those who are last in life that believe in Jesus will be the ones to see Jesus first in Heaven.

So often when I am excluded from things at church I realize that when I see Jesus I will be the first to be included in Heaven. I also learned that having your bible with you at all times is not a bad thing. That it is always a good thing to have the word of the Lord close at hand. This was never more true than when Mom was dyeing. I had Uncle Ed's bible with me and read to her from it.

I learned that if you start your day and end your day with the Lord that you will see more of his blessings on your life. That when you pray that you need to pray for others first and then yourself. Remember to always thank God for his blessings even those that you don't see.

I have learned that having great faith will get you far in life. The best kind of faith to have is faith in the Lord. If you believe in him you will see good things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...