Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Gratitude 2018 Day 38

Attitude of Gratitude - Day 38
#AttitudeOfGratitude2018
#grateful #thankful

I am grateful for forgiveness. Mark Lowry talked yesterday about forgiveness and it reminded me of some words that Rev. Lee McDermott said in a sermon some years ago on forgiveness.

Rev. Lee said that you can forgive someone of a wrong they have done to you and it will make you feel better, but not make the issue go away. The only way the issue will go away is if the person that wronged you comes and truly asks for forgiveness.

At the time that sermon was given I needed those words. I had a former friend who treated me like hell. After hearing that sermon I told God that I forgave that former friend of all that she had done to me and that I knew I would never get her to truly come to me for forgiveness.

You can always forgive something or someone, but you can never ever forget it. I have also learned that sometimes when you forgive someone for something it only makes things worse. It is like you have given them license to keep on hurting you. Those are the type of people that I can never forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...