Friday, November 2, 2018

Day 2 of #Thanks

Day 2 of #Thanks:

I am thankful beyond words for my Grandpa Rittenour who would have been 96 today. He was like a father to me. He taught me so much. He was involved in the community being one of the founding members of the fire department and the ruritan club.

He was a great farmer. I learned that hard work pays off. That it doesn't hurt to ask for help every once and awhile. That God and Family come first.

He is the reason that I love to watch Gunsmoke and John Wayne. He is the reason that I listen to Johnny Cash and several other classic country artist. I will always think of him when I hear a Hank Williams song because he was always singing Why Don't You Love Me Like You Use To Do to Grandma.

He loved Grandma beyond words. She could make him so mad and he would give in. I remember once she wanted some picture on the wall and Grandpa bucked her. The end result was him storming out of the house and up the hill to the garage. I asked him what was going on and his reply was that it was easier just to give in to Grandma than to cross her.

I am thankful that God gave me Grandpa for as long as he did. I miss him so much, but I am thankful for the memories that I have of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...