Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Day 20 of #Thanks

Day 20 of #Thanks

I am thankful today for my neighbor Mr. Garland Funkhouser. He was a sweet, kind, caring, loving, Christian Man. He was so friendly too. I still recall the summer that he payed to rent a van so that children from our church (his grandkids too) could go to church camp. He was always thinking of others. He was always volunteering to take his neighbors places they needed to go.

I will always remember how the children that came to our church just loved him. In a way he was like a Grandpa to them. Garland valued family, friends, and God. I still think of him when we are in Sunday School or sometimes when I am praying. He use to be one that had good contributions to our Sunday School and our Prayer Group at church.

Happy Birthday in Heaven Mr. Garland. This picture is from the Easter Cantata at church in 2004. The young man with Garland is Matthew Carter. I think Garland and Matthew had a special relationship.

I am sure that Mr. Garland is up in Heaven today sharing his birthday with my dear friend Carol (his daughter). I am so sure they are having a grand celebration since that was something Carol loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...