Monday, January 29, 2018

Don't Make Me Stop This Car

When I was a kid my sister and I would fight like cats and dogs. It was an epic battle. I am five years older than my sister. However, my sister is stronger. Car rides places were interesting to say the least. The verbal wars that we would have got on Mom's nerves. More than one time Mom would say "Don't make me stop this car."

The last two Fridays I have been charged with getting my sister's boyfriend's kids from school and bringing them home. I feel like I am in an episode on Monday Night RAW with these two. The fighting starts from the time I sign them out of school till the time we get home.

I have figured out how to curb the car fighting. Willie's Roadhouse on Sirius XM and me singing all the way up the road gets me peace for 15 minutes. At home I make one do their homework and the other read. No tv and no toys. Nice quiet time.

This past week I felt like my mother. I wanted to say those words to them in hopes of getting them to stop. However, I figured out why they acted the way they did. They wanted attention. Any attention that they could get. Well, they were getting attention and it was the wrong kind.

These two need to learn that instead of fighting that they need to love each other. Right now they are all that they have. See their mother and little brother passed away. Their older 1/2 brother lives with his dad. Plus their dad has been in and out of jail.

You would have thought after all that they have been through that they would love each other instead of fight. My sister and I fought even into adulthood. It took our Mother's death to get us to get along. We get along better than we have ever done.

Maybe this week when I get them that I will have a talk in the car with them. I will talk to them about how they need to love each other and be there for each other. That they need each other. Show them that it is better to get along than to fight. That way I will not be feeling like I need to stop the car on the way up the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...