Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Gratitude 2018 Day 17

Attitude of Gratitude - Day 17
#AttitudeOfGratitude2018
#grateful #thankful
I am grateful this morning I am thankful for Day Camp at Camp Paddy Run. I have been going to or helping with Day Camp since it started in 1985.
When we started we came in cars. We had meals prepared at the camp by the Orndorff Family who were care takers of the camp. We had crafts in the garage. My favorite craft was the shrink art we did with Karen Findley. In fact, I still have the ornament we made that year. We all went swimming at one time. We had music lead by Rev. Dr. Homer T. Cornish.
Then in around 1995 Doug and Rachel Sterrett came. We started coming to camp in vans. We had meals brought in by different churches. Pool times were different. The Youth finally had a class that was taught by John Sterrett, Julie Baker, Wayne Dalton, and Warren Driver. Rachel did the music.
When the Sterretts came is when we moved to the current location at the Hogan Village. Before that we were on the other side of the camp.
Today we have near 100 campers who come each Summer. We use cans, cars, and even a bus to get campers there. We still have churches that help with the lunches. Our Youth (Teens) are growing more and more each year. We have the best camp directors ever who also do the music.
I am so blessed by all those friends that I have made at Day Camp through my attendance and work there. Lori, Amy, Tom, Katherine, Nancy, Jon, Rose, Jason, Addie, and others.
What I am most blessed with is the children that I have gotten to know. A lot of those children are ones that I see almost everyday. Since they have saw me at Camp they feel at ease coming to me at school to talk. I get asked quiet often if I am going to be coming back to Camp in the Summer. Kids are excited to come back.
This is a great ministry that I am sure Dr. Cornish never dreamed would grow this big. We have come a very long way since the beginning in 1985. This year will be the 33rd year of Day Camp at Camp Paddy Run and we are still going strong. What a blessing.
Matthew 19:14 ESV
But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”
Proverbs 22:6 ESV
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...