Saturday, January 6, 2018

Gratitude 2018 Day 6

Attitude of Gratitude - Day 6
#AttitudeOfGratitude2018
#grateful #thankful

I am grateful today for music. I grew up being surrounded by people who loved Country Music. Mom was a huge Randy Travis Fan. My Dad was an Outlaw Country and Hard Rock Fan. Mom's parents liked Classic Country and Bluegrass. My Aunt Sandra liked Elvis. Aunt Virginia and Uncle Ed liked gospel.

So you see I was exposed to a lot of music in my time. These days I do enjoy some Country Music. I like Kenny Chesney, Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean, and a few others.

I listen mostly to Contemporary Christian and Gospel stuff. I love Jason CrabbMark LowryJamie-GraceNatalie Grant, Gordon Mote, Casting Crowns, Big Daddy Weave, MercyMe, Third Day, for King & Country, Kari Jobe, Mandisa, Hillsong, and so many more. I also listen to the gospel music of The Statler Brothers, The Oak Ridge Boys, and Randy Travis.

Music can transform your mood and your day. I listen to SiriusXM The Message mostly in the car. They play some awesome stuff. One day I was driving home from work at the song The Shake by MercyMe came on the radio and I was like dancing in the car. That song can just get you moving.

I will admit that when I am in the car by myself that I will sing some of my favorite songs that come on the radio while I am driving. It changes my mood. It also is like I am worshiping God. Music is worship and it is prayer.

Colossians 3:16 (HCSB)
Let the message about the Messiah dwell richly among you, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, and singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, with gratitude in your hearts to God.

Psalms 98:4 (HCSB)
Shout to the Lord, all the earth; be jubilant, shout for joy, and sing.

Psalms 104:33 (HCSB)
I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God while I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...