Sunday, January 21, 2018

Stress



Stress..Most of us have experienced it at one point in our lives or another. The most common stress is in the workplace. We find ourselves stressed when we can't control the situation. We find ourselves stressed when the boss or supervisor puts pressure on us to do well at something. Stress can come from lots of things. We just need to learn how to manage it.

I find that my job is what stresses me out the most. When I walk into my job and am handed a list of things that have to be done by a certain time. Plus that those things have to be done a certain way can really get to me. 

I remember one year when I was stressed out everyday because I was afraid that I was going to be in trouble everyday. Instead of being in a job that I enjoyed coming to I was dreading the thought of coming to work.

You may find that one person at work stresses you out. That person can do things that put you on edge. I have a co-worker that I know talks about me to others. This person thinks that by bad mouthing me that they will get ahead. It will not happen. Things don't work that way.

I find stress in my life when I am with certain people. I have an Uncle that can stress me out and send me to the breaking point. He is not grateful for what I do for him. He yells at me when things don't go his way. I have learned to deal with him in a way that is stress reducing to me. 

So how do you deal with stress? I am going to share with you what I do to reduce stress in my life. This may or may not work for you. You will have to try it and fins what works for you.

1. Meditation: When I am stressed I relax in a chair or bed, close my eyes, and think of a happy place. That way I can take my mind off the stress.

2. Yoga: I find that doing Yoga releases my body of stress. I feel so much better afterwards.

3. Prayer: Talking to God always helps. I let him be in control of what is going on and I feel so much better for it.

4. Walk away: I have found that walking away from something that puts stress in your life is a great idea. Don't even let it get to you is key.

5. Sleep: I have found that sleep is a great way to forget about stress. When you sleep it makes you feel that much better.

6. Deep Breathing: When I am stressed I stop and take deep breaths. That helps me to forget about the stress and to focus on what matters. 

So the next time that you are stressed try one of these ideas. See if it works for you. If not keep trying till you find something that does work for you.

Above all don't let stress get to you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings A Day 2019 Day 365

Blessings A Day 2019-Day 365 #Blessings2019 On this last day of 2019 I am blessed: That I have made it through another...